As I try to understand what makes a logo work I find my self returning to the 'brands of the world' website. I have been talking about why logos work and what I like about them but I think that in order to fully understand what kind of a designer I will ultimately become, I have to see logos that won't work and be able to identify what I don't like and what isn't working.This logo is for an advertising agency in Belgium and I can truthfully say that I don't like it. The colours alone turn me off; they remind me of a bad bruse. When I see the uppercase 'A' being used, I get the visual of being the best and being right at the beginning. As my eye travels down the logo I notice that the violet bar at the botto extends to include the smaller type, to make the viewer notice that there is a connection between the two. To me it looks like an unbalanced pencil. It looks like a last minute change and it just makes me want to push the bar back to line up with the baseline of the larger type.
This image can be found here.

No comments:
Post a Comment